Who are we ?
The Global Aging Research Network (GARN) project was launched by IAGG, in collaboration with the World Health
Organization. The aim of this Network is to identify the best research centers dedicated to social, biological, behavioural
and clinical gerontology.
Experts will be invited to:
• exchange information about all types of topics related to Aging,
• set up contacts between professionals: specialists, academics, industry, health authorities, other scientific networks etc,
• build collaborative research program.
On December 5, 2013 - 450 applicants were awarded full membership
57% from Europe, 18% from Asia/Oceania, 16% from North America, 6% from South America,
2% from Africa and 1% from other regions.
NEXT STEPS FOR THE GARN NETWORK
|Important Symposium during IAGG’s 20th World Congress of Gerontology and Geriatrics
• IAGG GARN Symposium on Implementing Frailty into Clinical Practice and Clinical Research:
• Prevention of Frailty in Robust Older Adults / Prevention of Further Disabilities in Frail Older Adults
• Monday June 24th, 2013 02:00pm to 06:30pm at the Seoul Convention Center
• Registration for the symposium is MANDATORY before May 30th 2013
• Symposium strictly reserved for GARN members registered for the IAGG 20th World Congress.
Program and registration